Who Am I?
I’m Jessica Wray, a 27 year old native San Diegan, chronic over-thinker, caffeine addict, spicy food lover and serial expat. Travel has always been part of my life, and I don’t plan on that ever changing. I’ve now visited 40 countries, most of which I’ve visited independently and on a budget.
A quick history:
- I grew up in San Diego, California
- I studied International Business at San Diego State University
- I’ve studied in Buenos Aires, Argentina and worked in Quito, Ecuador
- I taught English with EPIK in South Korea for two years
- I backpacked Asia for 5 months
- I moved to Madrid to teach English with the BEDA program
- I quit teaching and traveled on and off for a year while blogging and freelance writing.
- I now work seasonally as a tour leader in the U.S. with AmeriCan Adventures.
Overall, I just want to make the most of my twenties and live a life worth documenting, all while calling different parts of the world home.
Why this blog?
I created Curiosity Travels while in South Korea as a place to write about my experiences, share my travel tips, and talk about the realities of expat life. It has become more than just a blog for family and friends, but grown into something I am truly passionate about working on. I love connecting with people from around the world and sharing my experiences
Want to read more but don’t know where to start?
About being a 20-something and expat life:
About teaching in Korea:
About backpacking Asia:
About Life in Spain:
About Being a Tour Leader:
Now that you know me, let’s be friends-
Have a question about travel? Want to contact me?
Feel free to leave a comment or email me at [email protected]. If you are a business or organization, and you would like to partner or sponsor my site, contact me or head over to my Advertise/Sponsor page. Thanks!